Park Hyatt Milan is located in the city centre behind the famous Piazza Duomo.
The works for the spectacular construction of the Duomo Cathedral began in 1386 at Duca Gian Galeazzo Visconti’s behest.
In the 15th and 16th century, the works were overseen by Lombard, German and French architects and bricklayers. The façade was completed between 1805 and 1809, at Napoleon’s behest.
The style of the Duomo Cathedral does not reflect any particular art movement, but it is reminiscent of the gothic style.
You cannot miss a visit to the roof! From there, you can admire the 135 spires, the 2,245 statues, a golden statue of the Madonna and a marvelous sight of the Alpine mountain range.
The Golden “Madonnina” is a copper-plated statue placed on the lantern of the Duomo Cathedral and, with its 108 metres height, dates from 1774. Ever since it was first unveiled, the “Madonnina” became the official symbol of Milan.
The Duomo Cathedral is open every day, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
The Duomo terraces are open every day from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
For more information, please contact our Concierge, available 24 hours a day on +39 02 88 21 12 34 or email email@example.com.
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
- Alla Scala Theatre
- Duomo Cathedral
- Ambrosiana Pinacoteca
- Castello Sforzesco
- Santa Maria delle Grazie – "The Last Supper" by Leonardo Da Vinci
- Poldi Pezzoli Museum
- Brera Pinacoteca
- Palazzo Reale
- Novecento Museum
- Gallerie d’Italia – Piazza Scala
- Navigli of Milan
- Milan City Tour
- Leonardo Da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology
- Basilica Sant’Ambrogio Museum
- Manzoniano Museum – Manzoni’s House
- Milan Triennale
- Castello di Tolcinasco Golf and Country Club
- Museum of the Risorgimento
- Civic Museum of Natural History
- Brera Botanical Garden
- The Planetarium Ulrico Hoepli
- Modern Art Gallery
- Our tips
- Milan Design Week & Furniture Fair
- Museo Ferrari Maranello
- Riviera Liguria - Portofino
- Waiting for Expo 2015